Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fire

There is an extensive wildfire gong on very near here. So far I am out of the evac area but just barely. They are evacuating people to the high school just over the hill from me so that sounds safe. The actual closed/evac area starts less than a tenth of a mile from my house and goes over the hill toward
Denver. over 4000 acres burned so far and two dead. Several homes burned. Sigh.
Wildfire firefighters are on their way from several states including Montana.
So last night I was packing things in case I had to evac. Priorities go from Furries first (cats and dog), with some supplies for them (cage/kennel in the car), then important papers, dolls in progress, computer and external memory, big box of knitting needles/crochet hooks, antiques needles and hooks, Jan Conwell dolls, small box with abjd's and a couple of odd dolls, then my clothes, jewelry and meds. LOL what does that show you about me???

1 comment:

  1. Funny what all that tells about us, isn't it? When we lived in Florida (Eglin AFB) we had to evacuate three times for hurricanes. I grew up in "Tornado Alley" in north Texas, and believe it or not, I prefer tornadoes. They're deadly, but they come in fast and either hit or don't, so you don't spend so much time thinking and worrying about your "things".

    ReplyDelete